Outdoor, Team building, Communication, Cooperation
Pieces of paper with key words, 8 bowls in total, 4 chairs in total
- Building healthy competitiveness.
- Evoking competition.
- Improving vocabulary.
- Encouraging creative and fast thinking.
- Divide the group into 4 teams.
- Each team needs to point out a participant from their own team to be the ‘guesser’.
- The guesser needs to stay behind the chair and the other participants of the team need to create a line in front of the chair.
- The teams have 2 minutes to find as many words as they can.
- The guesser needs to take one paper and place it on his forehead without seeing the word.
- After that each participant needs to describe one word at a time doing only pantomime.
- When the time is over the 2 teams who have found the most words are going to compete with each other to have the winning team.
- How did you feel during the activity?
- Was it hard for you when you were not able to speak?
- How did you feel when you lost in the competition with your team?
- What went wrong and what you would change?
- If you would play it again would you change the person who was the ‘guesser’?
- The game can be played with a different number of teams.
- It can also take place in a different location (outdoor or indoor locations).
- The duration of the game is decided by the facilitator.
- When a team continues to win every time they can choose a different ‘guesser’ until the final round.
Make sure you give clear instructions while sticking to the pre-defined timeframes. It’s wise to supervise the teams since they can easily decide to cheat.